Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Riley turns 5!!!

My sweet baby girl has turned 5. She couldn't wait to be a "big" girl. We celebrated with 5 of her best friends: Callie, Ainsley, Karli, Shelby and Annie...and of course Ethan was there too. They had fun picking out their bears...or should I say Kitties and outfits. Then they had cupcakes and had a blast running around the play-area there at Destin Commons afterwards.

Riley has truly been a gift from God with her kindness, sweetness and extra love she pours out to those she loves. She is 100% girl and loves everything kitty, Barbie, Princess and Polly Pocket.

As I think back to those precious times some of my best memories are when I rocked her to sleep in my arms when she was so little, put bows in her curls, heared the "clip clop" of purple fuzzy high heel play shoes when she was first learning to walk, and the smell of her skin when she first wakes up...I want to start to cry. Oh, if only I could keep her little. Just today she bawled for 40 minutes before school because she "just wants momma". I had to drag her off of me at preschool. It breaks my heart that she loves and needs me so much. I know this time is soon to end...

But even though my little girl is getting so big I know that her neediness for me is being replaced by a bond and friendship that I know will last a lifetime.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: